Money Disorder & Financial Therapy
Attendees requiring CEUs $90 | Attendees not requiring CEUs $60 | Students $30
* Attendees are welcome to send in a check or contact us to make a non-PayPal payment.
This 4-hour training will be held on two different days:
- Wednesday, July 27th - from 9:00 am - 1:15 pm
- Saturday, July 30th - from 10:00 am - 2:15 pm
Both seminars will take place at 300 W. Adams Street, 2nd Floor Conference Room, and will be priced at $90 for the 4 continuing education units (CEU)s. The training aims to increase therapists’ familiarity with money disorders and financial therapy and provides ways to intervene with financial issues in therapy.
While the training is open to all mental health professionals, CEUs are only available for master's level clinicians: LMFT, LCSW, LCPC.
Space is limited, register today to reserve your spot.
At this workshop you will receive:
- An overview of the field of financial therapy including significant theoretical models
- An introduction to financial terminology, budgeting tips, and key aspects to focus on in your personal financial management
- Assessment methods to determine if your client has a money disorder
- Latest research about common financial disorders, including financial infidelity, financial denial, financial avoidance, financial enabling, and problem gambling
- Techniques and interventions for helping your clients address money problems and develop a better relationship with money
- Strategies for reducing financial anxiety
- Information on the latest research highlighting how money disorders and financial insecurity affect marriages and intimate relationships