Addiction & Compulsive Behavior Counseling
Addictions and compulsive behavior are chronic and can be potentially life-threatening with the power to affect an entire family.
Addiction is characterized by compulsive use of drugs or alcohol despite experiencing negative consequences as a result of substance use and often occurs alongside anxiety or depression. Addressing an addiction requires more than good intentions and can be incredibly difficult, even for those who are ready to commit to change.
Fortunately, addiction treatments are available to help people counter addiction’s powerful disruptive effects. Research shows that combining addiction treatment medications with behavioral therapy is the best way to ensure success for most patients. Treatment approaches that are tailored to each patient’s abuse patterns and any co-occurring medical, psychiatric, and social problems can lead to sustained recovery and a life without abuse.
Here at Symmetry Counseling, providers of the top-rated counseling services around the United States, we can help those struggling with addiction and compulsive behaviors. Our professional counselors are here to help you. We offer both in-person and online therapy all over the country. Keep scrolling to learn more about our compulsive behavior and addiction counseling, or contact us to get started on your services today.
According to the NIAAA, answering the following four questions can help you find out if you or a loved one has a drinking problem:
- Have you ever felt you should cut down on your drinking?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?
- Have you ever felt bad or guilty about your drinking?
- Have you ever had a drink first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?
- One “yes” answer suggests a possible alcohol problem. More than one “yes” answer means it is highly likely that a problem exists. If you think that you or someone you know might have an alcohol problem, it is important to see a doctor or other health care provider right away. They can help you determine if a drinking problem exists and plan the best course of action.
Symmetry Counseling therapists specialize in working with individuals, couples, and families suffering from addictions.
Issues we can help you address:
- Identifying addictive behaviors and cycles
- Understanding the psychological and physiological components of addiction
- Repairing relationships affected by addiction
- Creating new and healthy patterns supporting sobriety
- Assessing and creating a comprehensive treatment plan unique to you
- Identifying and treating co-occurring anxiety or depression
Ready to get started on your addiction and compulsive behavior counseling? Have a question for our professional substance abuse counselors? Contact Symmetry Counseling to get more information and to book your appointment with our professional counselors today.