Chicago Couples Counseling and Therapy
Our licensed psychologists, marriage and family therapists, professional counselors, and social workers, adopt a direct, engaged, and active approach and are trained to help couples with a wide range of problems, including:
- Communication Struggles
- Repairing and Rebuilding
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Newlywed Adjustment
- Pre-Marital and Pre-Cohabitation Counseling
- Pregnancy and Post Baby Couples Counseling
- Sexual Problems
- Financial Stress
- Gay/Lesbian Relationship Issues
What do couples counseling sessions involve?
Sessions revolve around pragmatic approaches to strategically address and resolve issues clients bring to therapy. We help you identify problems, understand why past efforts at addressing these problems may have been ineffective and develop alternative solutions.
Couples counseling sessions at Symmetry are conducted in a supportive, empathetic and hopeful environment where you are free to discuss whatever is on your mind and weighing on your heart. Symmetry therapists are skilled specialists, with the training and knowledge to help couples create lasting changes in their relationships. We believe in the life-enhancing benefits of strong and vital relationships, and help you bring peace and resolution to your struggles.
Take the first step in resolving a problem.
- Get Over It: What Not to Say to an Anxious Person
- Understanding Vulnerabilities and Relationship Communication Cycles
- How Are You? No, Really, How Are You?
- Making the Most of Your Mental Health Insurance Benefits
- Life is Not The Brady Bunch: Unique Challenges Faced by Blended Families
- Fight or Flight or…What? Finding the Middle Ground to Control Your Instincts
- Will My Baby Make Me Blue? A Conversation About Postpartum Depression
- The Importance of Relationship Resolutions
- When You Just Want to Help: Navigating Helplessness in Your Relationship
- Find Your Spark: Renewing Passion in a Long-Term Relationship
- What’s Mine is Yours: Handling Issues of Financial Control in Your Marriage
- Resolving Passive-Aggressive Behavior in Relationships
- Know Yourself First: The Importance of Self-Awareness in Relationships
- Navigating the Normal Power Struggle in Relationships
- How Can I Forgive You? Overcoming Obstacles to Forgiveness
- Say “I’m Sorry”: The Importance of Apologizing in Relationships
- Relationship Risks You Should Be Taking
- Which Soulmate are You Looking For?
- Couple Therapy Before Saying “I Do”: Common Questions about Premarital Counseling
- The Successful Blended Family
- Something’s Gotta Give: Managing Anger in Your Relationship
- Lessons in Love: Expressions of Love
- Lessons in Love: Love is Dynamic
- Love is Conditional: Busting Relationship Myths
- Guidelines for a Good Apology
- Showing Interest in Your Partner: Home-Based Therapy for Your Relationship
- Taking Control: Achieving a More Fulfilling Relationship Using Gottman’s Magic 6 Hours
- What to Do When You Feel Undesired by Your Partner
- Marriage Saver: Talking About Resentment
- Five Tips to Manage the Transition to Parenthood
- 3 Things You Must Do Before Saying “I Do”
- Keeping Score in Relationships: For a Partner to Win, the Relationship Will Lose
- Don’t Perpetuate the Unhappiness Cycle
- Being With Your Partner: How Mindfulness Improves Relationships
- What is Divorce Mediation and How Can an Illinois Couple Benefit by Using It?
- 10 Ways to Be a Better Partner
- Overcoming Jealousy in Your Relationship
- 3 Relationship Resolutions You Can (and Should!) Keep
- How to Have a “Good” Divorce
- Should You Stay Together for the Kids?
- Tips for Treating Sexual Dysfunction the Natural Way
- 5 Ways You Can Be Helpful When Your Partner is Depressed
- Relationships and the Role of Technology: 5 Tips for Success
- 5 Ways Your Relationship Gets Better After the Honeymoon Phase
- 4 Tips for Dealing with Perpetual Problems