Chicago Family Counseling
Family participation allows for a more willing exploration of the thoughts, feelings, and experiences that guide both current and past choices. This engenders the type of impactful change to families that is both true and sustainable.
Lasting family improvement rarely happens quickly, but is a process that often begins through your entire family gaining perspective on past choices and behavior. Such understanding often provides insight and wisdom for future choices, resulting in positive transformations of the entire family and a more fulfilling life.
We can help families with:
- Family Communication Counseling and Therapy
- Sibling Conflict Therapy
- Parent/Child Conflict Therapy
- Separation and Divorce Family Counseling
- Counseling for Blended Family Issues
- Adult Children Returning Home
- Empty Nest Adjustment Counseling
How Symmetry Family Counseling Helps
A Symmetry family therapist can help families improve their communication so that they can:
- Understand, accept, and respect one another’s perspective
- They can start to feel safe in sharing their thoughts and feelings
- Work through anger and bitterness and begin to release it in a healthy environment
- Families can draw closer and experience greater respect, love, and appreciation for one another
- Symmetry Family therapy provides the kind of support, direction, and help that can make the difference in your family’s relationships and overall outlook.
- Our Family Therapists can also reduce the chance of problems becoming worse, and relationships drifting or becoming destructive.
Research has found that professional therapy improves relationships and the physical and mental health of all family members is significantly improved. Family therapy has many benefits to those who want to build strong, healthy, and happy families.
- Get Over It: What Not to Say to an Anious Person
- Making the Most of Your Mental Health Insurance Benefits
- Caregiver Fatigue and Self-Care
- Life is Not The Brady Bunch: Unique Challenges Faced by Blended Families
- Struggling with ADHD?
- How Can I Forgive You? Overcoming Obstacles to Forgiveness
- The Successful Blended Family
- Guidelines for a Good Apology
- Five Tips to Manage the Transition to Parenthood
- The Best Gift to Give Yourself on Mother’s Day
- How to Create a Behavior Plan for Your Child
- Ten Tips for Talking to Your Teen
- How to Help Your Kids Deal with Your Divorce
- How to Have a “Good” Divorce
- Letting Kids Be Kids: How to Prevent Parentification
- Hurting on the Inside, Cutting on the Outside: Understanding and Helping Teens with Self-Harmful Behavior