Family participation allows for a more willing exploration of the thoughts, feelings, and experiences that guide both current and past choices. This engenders the type of impactful change to families that is both true and sustainable.
Lasting family improvement rarely happens quickly, but is a process that often begins through your entire family gaining perspective on past choices and behavior. Such understanding often provides insight and wisdom for future choices, resulting in positive transformations of the entire family and a more fulfilling life.
What is Family Counseling?
Family therapy looks at the whole, not just the individual, to improve better family and individual functioning. Problems are addressed at the source, the family, by bringing parents and children together, of any age, to transform interactions and promote healing.
Family therapy has been used successfully to treat many different types of families in many different situations. Family therapy helps a family understand it’s behaviors, dynamics and roles in their unique family make-up. During sessions, a family therapist highlights how each member contributes to the problem in order to facilitate change and builds on the family's strengths to help them solve the problem.
What Issues Can Family Therapy Help?
How Symmetry Family Counseling Helps
A Symmetry family therapist can help families improve their communication so that they can:
- Understand, accept, and respect one another’s perspective
- They can start to feel safe in sharing their thoughts and feelings
- Work through anger and bitterness and begin to release it in a healthy environment
- Families can draw closer and experience greater respect, love, and appreciation for one another
- Symmetry family therapy provides the kind of support, direction, and help that can make the difference in your family’s relationships and overall outlook
- Our Family Therapists can also reduce the chance of problems becoming worse, and relationships drifting or becoming destructive
Research has found that professional therapy improves relationships and the physical and mental health of all family members is significantly improved. Family therapy has many benefits to those who want to build strong, healthy, and happy families.
Resources for Families
INFORM. INVOLVE. INSPIRE.
HEALTHY GUIDANCE AND SUGGESTIONS FROM THE SYMMETRY COUNSELING BLOG