Individual Counseling and Therapy
Individual counseling from Symmetry Counseling provides you with an opportunity to work with a professional therapist who specializes in understanding how people operate in the world, in their families, in relationships, and in their own minds. Our individual counselors use therapeutic techniques to help individuals understand themselves, their obstacles, their feelings, and their relationships in a way that enhances their lives. If change is needed, one of our experienced therapists will guide you through the process by providing support, motivation, and accountability. Keep scrolling to learn more about our individual counseling and therapy services, and be sure to contact us to book your appointment today.
Should I Go to Therapy?
If you have an obstacle that prevents you from reaching your full potential, you may consider seeking therapy. You might be experiencing some troubling symptoms, whether they are distressing negative thoughts or even physical symptoms such as chronic pain. If you feel overwhelmed, unhappy, or hopeless about your life, it’s best to seek out a therapist who can help you determine the root cause of these feelings. Alternatively, if you have a lifestyle change you want to make but are having difficulty reaching, working with a counselor can help you identify where you need to improve.
Common Obstacles to Therapy
Therapy is a powerful tool for change. That being said, some people may avoid the therapeutic environment even if they believe it might help. Common obstacles to going to therapy include:
- Concern about the stigma of seeking mental health help
- Shame about talking about the past
- Denial that anything is wrong
- Fear of lack of confidentiality
- Financial problems
Contact Symmetry for Individual Counseling Today
At Symmetry Counseling, we understand why these issues might make you hesitate to reach out. That being said, if you have a mental health issue, it’s better to seek help sooner rather than later. It’s more common than you might think; in fact, statistics from the National Institute of Mental Health suggest that one in five adults in the U.S. may have a mental illness. You don’t have to suffer alone; we can help. Contact Symmetry for individual counseling today.
Issues that individual counseling can address are:
What do individual counseling sessions involve?
Sessions revolve around pragmatic approaches to strategically address and resolve issues clients bring to therapy. We help you identify problems, understand why past efforts at addressing these problems may have been ineffective and develop alternative solutions
Individual counseling sessions at Symmetry are conducted in a warm, understanding, calming atmosphere where you are free to discuss whatever is on your mind and weighing on your heart. Symmetry therapists are excellent listeners, helpful resources, and skilled experts at helping people find peace and resolution to their life’s struggles.
- Where is Your Personal Boundary? Finding Healthy Ways to Say “No”
- Making the Most of Your Mental Health Insurance Benefits
- Yes I Can! The Key to Finding Your Willpower
- Caregiver Fatigue and Self-Care
- Struggling with ADHD?
- Will My Baby Make Me Blue? A Conversation About Postpartum Depression
- Know Yourself First: The Importance of Self-Awareness in Relationships
- How Can I Forgive You? Overcoming Obstacles to Forgiveness
- A Workaholic’s Guide to Simple Self Care
- Guidelines for a Good Apology
- 3 Tips for Dating if You are Socially Anxious
- What to Do When You Feel Undesired by Your Partner
- 3 Tips for a Positive Ending to Your Therapy
- How Getting in Tune with Yourself Can Prevent Emotional Eating
- 3 Things Extroverts can Learn From Introverts
- When Your Body Knows You Are Depressed
- Dating Yourself: The Benefit of Taking Time to Be Single
- Signs and Strategies for Ending Toxic Relationships
- How to Communicate Well With Yourself
- The Pedestals We Put Them On
- Facing Down Insecurities
- Thriving in the Transition to Adulthood
- 3 Questions to Ask Yourself After a Break-Up
- When It’s Not Just the Winter Blues: Dealing with Seasonal Affective Disorder
- 3 Ways to Extend Therapy into Your Daily Life
- Tips for a More Peaceful Life: Mindfulness Made Easy
- Challenging Perfectionism
- How Your Dog Can Be Your Doctor
- How to Deal with a Drinking Problem
- 5 Ways You Can Be Helpful When Your Partner is Depressed
- How to Stave Off a Quarter-Life Crisis